Microsoft said Lumia 610 can be installed 95% of applications available on Marketplace, the remaining 5% are not installed but the main reason is probably because device only has 256MB of RAM, compared with half of Lumia 710 or Lumia 800 . In fact, not only Skype but also many other softwares can not be installed on Lumia 610 , such as Angry Birds, Tando and PES 2012.
Although numbers are not much but these are applications and games. However, according to Mrs. Heidi Lemmetyinen, editor-in-chief of the company’s official Nokia Conversations blog said that the upcoming version of Angry Birds for devices with 256MB RAM as Lumia 610. And other software will be not known the 256MB version or not but this showed the fragmentation of hardware began to appear on WP devices and in the future, perhaps we should also pay attention to the hardware more before deciding to buy a cheap WP phones.